Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Bubble Shared!

Today marks a great new beginning for BubbleShare as it becomes a part of the Kaboose family.

From day one, BubbleShare's mission was to deliver the simplest way for anyone to share photos on the internet.

The marriage of BubbleShare and Kaboose is, to us, a perfect match. Kaboose is the leading independent online company for families and parents, and BubbleShare is, we think, the best place for regular (read: non geeks) people to share their photos and stories on the internet today.

Of course, it helps that Kaboose is walking distance from the BubbleLab. That and the fact that Kaboose has been one of the best companies we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

I would like to thank everyone that has supported us along the way, including all of our great users that have provided us with fantastic feedback and encouragement. While there is simply too many people that I would like to extend my thanks to, there are a few that come to mind that are truly unsung heroes in the building of BubbleShare, and that I have benefited and learned a great deal from.

There have been many behind the scenes people that I would like to thank (in no particular order) that have contributed to the success of BubbleShare:

Aidan Tracey, a founding adviser of the BubbleShare team, has invested enormous amounts of his time and resources in bringing BubbleShare to life and to where it is today. His efforts have greatly contributed in the creation of our success to date.

Joe Hurd, the uber-connector, always ready to help to connect BubbleShare with anyone he could (and that’s one hell of a list).

Michael O’Connor Clark, for always being there as one of the greatest advisors and cheerleaders one could ask for.

Cindy Gordon and Alex deBold, our always-on business advisers and supporters.

Robert Scoble and Michael Arrington, who are genuinely true champions of “the little guy” and have continually provided great support and encouragement from their blogs and actions.

Glenn Rumbell and Joyce Kim, our tireless attorneys, that worked around the clock to help us when we needed them most.

Our external communications and design team, Jeneane, Steve and Justin.

The entire TorCamp/DemoCamp community, all of our passionate users and supporters that have sent us continuous feedback emails (I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply to ALL of them personally, I do try), and also countless bloggers in the blogosphere that have supported us along the way.

As cheesy as it sounds, yes, all my friends and family that have supported me along the way (you know who you are).

And of course, last but not least, our past and present core team that brought BubbleShare to life: Chris, the only guy that I’ve met that can translate my crazy ideas into actionable plans as well as he does. Terry and Maz, two of the best and most passionate software artists that I have ever had the privilege of working with. And Stephen, the most passionate and patient designer one could ever hope for.

I wish I could have spent more time on this posting, and I will likely provide an update to it – as you can imagine it has been a very crazy first few days of a great new year.

More to come (I hope) very soon.

5 comments:

  1. I just wanted to send out my congrats to you and your team as a fellow Torontonian ! Keep em' coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo to you and the team Albert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... thanks Albert.

    Seriously: hearty congratulations to you and your team on this. I know exactly just how incredibly darn hard you've worked over the last 4 years or so, and you richly deserve this moment of glory.

    Dum vivimus vivamus!

    ReplyDelete